Sticky Lemon and Ginger Chicken Stir Fry

Thursday 28 January 2010



It's really full on at work this week, with luncheons and parties etc. to cook for. This is what I really enjoy. It's challenging and it's a lot of fun! I get to really stretch my abilities and there is nothing I love more than a challenge.



I'm always up for it. It does mean though that I don't have a lot of time for at home cooking.

Poor Todd, don't you feel sorry for him? Don't feel too sorry though . . . I never leave him with nothing. He's always well catered to and truth be known, he'll be right up there with me for most of it, pitching in. Washing dishes when I need him, serving guests, butlering.

He's pretty handy to have around.




Quick and easy is the rule of the day for home though . . . last night we had burgers and chips and today we had this delicious stir fry. Easy peasy, lemon squeasy.

I guess you could also say hasty tasty!!

Deliciously spiced chicken bits, and crunchy vegetables in a sticky lemon and ginger sauce.

Yumm! Yumm!!




*Sticky Lemon and Ginger Chicken Stir Fry*
Serves 2
Printable Recipe

Quick, easy and a deliciously tasty mix of spiced and lemony flavours and crunch!

2 free range boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets
1 TBS plain flour
1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice powder
1 TBS sunflower oil
180g of finely shredded vegetables (red peppers, yellow peppers, shredded bok choy, sprouts,
baby corn, red onions, carrots, broccoli)
1/4 tsp crushed chilies
the finely grated zest and juice of one lemon
1 large piece of chinese stem ginger in syrup, chopped
2 TBS stem ginger syrup

Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices crossways. Toss them together with the flour and five spice powder. Heat half of the vegetable oil in a large skillet. Toss in the chicken pieces and cook, stir frying for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining half of the vegetable oil and add the vegetables and chili flakes. Cook, stirring until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and add the lemon zest, the lemon juice, ginger pieces and ginger syrup. Stir fry for a couple of minutes to create a sticky sauce. Serve hot with noodles or rice.

9 comments

  1. Looks so tasty, and packed with goodness - great Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Marie... and just so beautiful on the plate!5-spice--so good! My chicken-loving hubby will love this! ;o) Thank you... Happy Day, dear friend--LOVE YA ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound delish..Really the stem ginger..I have tried making some..a version..I'll try this..Have fun..It's nice you love your job~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering - again! Going to have to book this one to make through the week. Puts the fish fingers we had last night to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie, I am sat here knowing I have to go food shopping tomorrow and was lost for ideas so I knew where to come! THANK you so much for this recipe, just the ticket. Take Care, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly don't feel sorry for Todd, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious. Thanks for the idea. I have some mushrooms and other veggies that need to be used. I might make a "variation" of this tonight or tomorrow night. Btw, 14 tsp of chili flakes?? I like spicy but I have to wonder if that's a typo... Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for noticing my typo Hanaa!! Whew! that is 1/4 tsp! 14 would be a bit much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a "variation" for dinner last night using mushrooms, broccoli, onions, carrots and chix breast, and added a sweet/sour sauce with vinegar, soy sauce, and brown sugar. It was pretty good. I ended up using our a little bit of our super-hot homemade salsa to add some heat. Thanks for the inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!