Honey Glazed Chicken

Friday 10 December 2010



Don't let my lack of pictures today put you off of this recipe. I find the lighting in the winter months very poor for picture taking . . . and they don't always come out like they should . . .

I took quite a few photos of this deliciously moreish chicken, but only a few came out looking scrumptiously tasty!!!



Each luscious piece of chicken is stickily scrummy with a rich honey glaze and just a little bit of a spicy tang. Simple enough for a family dinner . . .
but exotically tasty enough for company!

I like to serve this with a nice dish of Pilau Rice and a green vegetable on the side, but suit yourself. Your family will love this, no matter what you serve it with. That's a fact Jack!!!



*Honey Glazed Chicken*

Serves 4 to 6
Printable Recipe

Nicely browned and moreishly sticky!

2 ounces flour (scan't 1/2 cup)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3 pounds of chicken pieces
4 ounces butter, melted and divided (1/2 cup)
45g of soft light brown sugar (1/4 cup packed)
2 ounces liquid honey (1/4 cup)
2 ounces lemon juice (1/4 cup)
1 TBS soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp curry powder

Whisk together the flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken pieces and dredge or shake to coat.

Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4. Place half of the butter into a baking dish, 13 inches by 9 inches. Place the chicken in it skin side down, turning once to coat with the butter. Bake for 30 minutes in the heated oven. Turn skin side up.

While the chicken is cooking, whisk together the rest of the melted butter, sugar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and curry powder. Pour this mixture over the chicken. Bake for an additional 45 minutes, basting and turning every 15 minutes until done. The chicken should be nicely browned and very tender.

9 comments

  1. This looks wonderful tome...you are such a good cook Marie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellerinize, emeklerinize sağlık. Çok güzel ve leziz görünüyor.

    Saygılarımla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that does look good! Will need to keep this recipe in a safe place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! I love chicken and this recipe sounds delicious!
    I'll try it!
    Love from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about lighting- struggling to get good shots myself with early dark! This chicken still looks & sounds awesome. The ingredients sound perfect (curry, cayenne, honey)- it's on my To Make (very soon) list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, crispy chicken without the mess of frying?? OK! Can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good. I used a combination of 3lbs worth of legs (6) and 2 breasts (each split in 2) and served it with jasline white rice and broccoli. I also sprinkled chopped green onions before serving. Delicious. I also cooked it an additional 30 minutes at 400 degrees because i wanted skin to be a bit darker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good. I used a combination of 3lbs worth of legs (6) and 2 breasts (each split in 2) and served it with jasline white rice and broccoli. I also sprinkled chopped green onions before serving. Delicious. I also cooked it an additional 30 minutes at 400 degrees because i wanted skin to be a bit darker.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!