Coleman's Gravy Paste and a Round up of Good Taste

Monday 14 November 2011



Colemans, the mustard people, recently launched an innovative Instant Gravy Paste range consisting of Beef, Chicken and Onion flavours. I was sent a few tubes to try out.

Colman’s Instant Gravy Paste comes in a new tube paste format which has been designed to be both quick and easy to use, allowing customers to make homemade gravy in an instant.

Having used Gravy Powders in the past it was an opportunity for me to try something new. The Toddster is a real gravy man and there is nothing he likes more with his spuds and meat pies than a tasty gravy.

We had some today with plain old Bangers and Mash, the Toddster's favourite meal and I have to say I was very impressed with the ease of use. I just squirted two teaspoons of the paste into a measuring jub and then added boiling water, which I vigourously whisked in using my trusty little whisk. There was no messy powder, or bits that clung in the corners of the jug, and within 30 seconds or so I had a delicious thick and glossy gravy that went very well with our dinner.



I say . . . move over Bisto, there's a new Kid in town and he's out to impress! Coleman's Instant Gravy Paste comes in three delicious flavours, Beef, Chicken and Onion. Beef and chicken are made with real meat juices, and the onion flavour uses real roasted onions.

Just perfect to serve with a multitude of dishes . . . here's a few suggestions to get your tastebuds tingling!



Roast Chicken Pie



Brussel Sprouts and Mushroom Ragout with Herby Dumplings



Slow Roasted Lamb Shoulder



Roast Pork with Crispy Cracklin



Maybe a Pork and Roots Tray Bake with an Apple Relish.



Perfectly Cooked Roast Beef.



Mini Meatloaves and Mash.



Meatballs and Gravy



Sausage and Bacon Toad in the Hole



Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken



Pot Roasted Chicken



The Whole Christmas Feast
(or even Thanksgiving!)

Hope this wets your whistle for some good eats and that you will give the Coleman's Gravy Paste a try. It is nice to make gravy from scratch of course, and nothing tastes better than homemade, but if you are looking for a delicious and quick, almost instant low fat and natural alternative, Coleman's Gravy Paste is just the ticket!

Many thanks to the people at Coleman's and Anya for having sent me some to try. (Psst! It also uses up next to no room in the kitchen cupboard, unlike those bulky jars and boxes. That's a real bonus for me and my tiddly kitchen!)



The new Coleman's Beef Gravy Paste Advert. Cute



And cooking in The Cottage today, a delicious French Canadian Tortiere.

5 comments

  1. Does this new product come in another flavour than onion? I detest onions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the adverts for this and it has me in fits of laughter every time. Unfortunaly stocks of this have not reached spain yet so next time a friends or family come over I may have to get them to bring some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priscilla it comes in Beef and Chicken flavours as well and those flavours use real meat and chicken juices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a real Bisto kid Marie,but I will give this a try and see.Thanx for shaing.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would like to get my hands on some of this gravy - looks good - those sausages by the way look amazing!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!